Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome to Ildi's Gourmet Hungarian Foods!

Hello and welcome to my grand experiment. My name is Mike Rabinowitz and I'm a student in the Masters of Entrepreneurship program at Western Carolina University. Part of what we are working on is how to market our products. I struggled with how best to approach this.
One of my main issues is that my company, Ildi' Gourmet Hungarian, will produce food products not unlike what you would find at a store like Trader Joe's or Whole Earth. The first product will be a Hungarian Cheese Spread. Known in Hungarian as, "Körözött". I'll write about the cheese spread in more detail in following posts. So then the question arises, who do I market this to first? The retailers or the customer who buys this product from the retailers? The logo is another obstacle. I thought I had come up with a good one but after a few days I started to realize that A. It's a bit too similar to some other logos I've seen and B. I don't really like it after all.
So, where does the "Grand Experiment" come into play...I'll tell you...I'm going to use this blog in conjuction with Twitter to let friends, potential customers, fans of business start ups help me conquer some of these hurdles and in return, upon launch of Ildi's Gourmet Hungarian, I will send out free samples to all who would like to try my Gourmet Hungarian Cheese Spread. Please stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment